Monday, 20 February 2012

Our Snow Day in the UK

Where am I? Home? Are we back in UT? No, but it sure did feel like it. Snow, snow, snow. I have so many glorious memories of sledding, skiing, snowmobiling, and the annual snowy day igloo/snow fort making challenge. Hubby and I both love to ski which is easy to do as a UT resident. I don't mind the snow, I hate driving in it, but if you give me a glorious sunny day on the slopes I am inches from heaven. The kids as well as Hubby and myself were excited about our snowy day in the UK. We don't have a large garden, but we live right next to a green belt, so we all geared up and headed out to make a snowman.




Our snow angel.


The beginnings of a snowman.






Our snowman is getting better....




Time for the eyes.




Someone is well pleased with their work.




We spotted a big snow boulder a short distance off and the kids decided to take a climb. 


Will decided to slide down the boulder rather than jump off the boulder.




As we turned around to head back home we saw a couple of troll children take down our snowman. Oh. My. Stars! You should have seen our kids faces......happy smiles quickly twisted into frowns and tears. We tried to tell the kids that it was okay, but the devastation had already taken place. Ads had to run back to the remains and try to rebuild what she could and give him a love.


My boys.


Me and Joy.


The culprits! For shame naughty children......for shame.


We had a great time on our snowy day. The snow since has melted and gone, but we are glad that we were able to get out and take full advantage of our awesome snow day in the UK.