The Pink One is a fabulous girl with many gifts and talents, however, she requires a bit of extrinsic motivation. We have been trying to get some fire in her belly, for anything.... The recent success in Gym has made a huge boost to her confidence and a few complements in swimming from her coach has helped as well. A couple of weeks ago after swim the coach told Ads he needed to speak to her Mum. Uh oh, what could it be? When my Mom came to swim with us in September she asked me why the coach didn't like Ads and why he was always getting after her? I had no answer except for the fact that Ads didn't listen or pay attention, which would have ticked me off as her coach as well.
Ads and I had a good long chat about listening and paying attention for a couple of weeks. At any rate, the coach said that he would like to advance Ads to a higher level class that would be swimming in the big pool. She was elated and a celebration was in order. We picked up a chocolate cake and enjoyed Ads little accomplishment. Until this girl finds herself intrinsically motivated I will continue to reward her accomplishments big and small. It is fun watching your child improve, not be the "very best," but to grow and improve within themselves. I am very proud of this girl.