Friday, 3 February 2012

My Birthday

I wouldn't say that I am afraid of getting older, but as I get older I am afraid that there won't be enough time to do all of the things I want to do. It is strange, but the more things I see and do the longer my bucket list becomes....weird right? At any rate, it's my Birthday. As I reflect back over my life I can't help but say that I have really been blessed. I have spent many years in the company of good friends, great family, a great career, two fantastic kids, the best Hubby in the world, great health, inner strength and determination, and great opportunities. This doesn't mean that my life has been problem free, I could unload a list of unfortunate events to rival the one I just recalled, but as I look back and forward I am doing it with hope.


Tonight I went out with the mom's in Ads class to the Chelsfield Pub and had a diet Coke and a chat. It wasn't for my Birthday, but it was fun to have somewhere to go and to get to know the "mums" better.


Magnum....or Blue Steel?


The next day we celebrated my Birthday as a family. Hubby needed some time when he didn't work to take Ads and plan out the festivities. Ads was so cute, she picked out the decor, gifts, and cake all on her own. My daughter is definitely a child who knows what she wants and when she sees it there is no stopping her from getting it. We wore the party hats and used the party ware sent in my Birthday care package from friends.






I REALLY liked the balloons Ads picked out ;)


Beautiful new earrings.


And hot pink lippy.


A fine necklace with a flower pendant.


And a heart rate monitor watch from Hubby.


It was a great Birthday, and the best part was being with my fam and watching just how excited Ads was. Ads probably wished me a happy Birthday 1,000 times without exaggeration. I am pleased as a mom that Ads not only loves the spotlight, but knows when it is time to relinquish it to someone else. Such a great gift she has.