Nana and Papa brought Halloween costumes with them for the kids. Ads was pleased to be a Medieval Princess and Will was more than elated to be Lightening McQueen. We started off our Trick or Treating with a Trunk or Treat at the LDS Church where we are members of the congregation. The Trunk or Treat was open to church members and friends and the kids had a blast!
Elder Rasmussen and Elder Simplicio supported the event and Elder Rasmussen even went all out and dressed up like he had been in an accident. I love our missionaries and the fact that they were excited for the Trunk or Treat so much that they dressed up.
I have a thing for pumpkin carving. I know not everyone understands the art of pumpkin carving, but to me it is as big of a deal as perfect egg dying at Easter......OCD.....a bit much. However, this pumpkin carving girl has won more "Best of Show" titles in the family pumpkin carving contest than any other member.
On Halloween our Neighbour Mary brought her granddaughter Francesca over to go Trick or Treating with us. Nana and Papa volunteered to stay at our house and pass out candy for us so that Hubby and I could take the kids around together. Since our cul de sac isn't very populated we decided to head over to the homes by Ads school and do our Trick or Treating there. Over here you only knock on the houses with a decoration outside, no decoration, no candy. The kids got plenty of sweets and Mary and I laughed ourselves silly listening to McQueen yell "Trick or Treat" in his deep low voice followed by "Thank You." He stole the night.
Mary, Franky, Ads, and Nana.
Ads and Franky designed this pumpkin and I carved it for them.
Hubby's pumpkin.
My pumpkin.
William's pumpkin.
Our external decor.
Back home Hubby and I have a full graveyard and spotlights in our front yard. I hate to boast, but it was pretty AWESOME. Halloween is such a favourite of ours that we couldn't not decorate in some way. This year it wasn't a graveyard, but the decorations that we had were plenty. Simplify....right. We had a great Halloween and the kids had a blast. Sadly, Nana and Papa leave the next day. We'll miss you both and the wonderful times we had whilst you were here visiting.


