Monday, 1 November 2010

A little project

I have been working on getting everything I need for London ready. One thing I needed was a dresser for our guest room. Sooo, I bought the nastiest particle board dresser on KSL for $15.00. I didn't want anything that wasn't solid wood, but when I saw this super poor family with 2yr. old tow headed boys pressing their sad little faces against the window I was done for. I bought the dang thing in the crappiest condition EVER! I actually paid the guy $20.00 for it because I felt so bad, heck I probably would have given him $100.00 if I had it on me. Such a sucker for kids that look like they will never have a chance in this world. Anyway, I bought the ugly thing and decided to match the paint to the color of the bed and then modge podge the rest of it. I had some great 12x12 pictures of my roses printed and put in 20x20 frames to put in the room. It has a bit of a Bohemian Rose Garden feel. I really like how it came together. I went over to Michael's and bought a couple of matching things of printed paper and decided which I wanted on what. Then I cut out little designs and glued them on the paper to make a scene. This project was very simple and not too costly. The most expensive part of the project were the drawer pulls, which were the least expensive ones I could find.


Drawer front pre-project.

I have wanted to modge podge a piece of furniture since I was in High School. I really love the way it turned out . I would love to do some stools with a black and cream colored damask on the seat and paint the legs red. We'll see.

The top of the dresser was the most intricate part. The entire project took me 3 days. Sanding, painting, cutting, gluing, varnishing, putting the handles on, and then putting it all together. Loads of fun. All right, time to get creative!

Oh, I would love for you to see the piece in person, just start saving your pennies and come and stay (hint hint).

No comments: