Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Salt Lake to Syracuse

No that is not a baby in my belly, it is 8 dozen Oreo balls :) I know you are questioning my keen fashion sense, but as an inside joke, I wore this beautiful and oh so comfortable outfit to the airport.

The most difficult goodbye was obviously the one said to my mom. I know that the timing of this move isn't great for her (not that there is ever a great time to get divorced), but it is in fact the right timing for John. My mom is the MOST amazing woman and I am blessed to know a lot of amazing women. I really do honestly feel that as hard as this move will be, my parents have taught and prepared me my whole life for this moment. Guess it is time to not disappoint.
We detoured our flight into Syracuse NY where we visited my baby sister in Liverpool. Stopping in Liverpool was a blessing to me and the children. Adessa and William had a blast running around and terrorizing with their cousins. I was able to see my sister and spend some quality "hang out in your jammies" time with her. I have been blessed with a sister who is a complete and total hoot. This woman is constantly keeping me in stitches with her lightening quick mind and clever witticism. There is nothing better than a clever woman.

Willie John and Lydia are just 3 weeks apart and play swimmingly together. The pair of them take turns pulling out each others hair and swapping binkies. Adessa and Claire couldn't be more alike, dress up......or bust. Lukey loved drawing video game pictures for me and snuggling his aunty. Such a joy to see these kiddo's.

My sister is not only a phenomenal cook, but a martial arts expert. I have photographed her with some of the trophy's she has recently won in her karate tournaments. This chick has always wreaked horror with her long strong legs, but now is dominating the ring. Yes, she even puts it to the men in the ring and has only lost once to a young ripped black belt. Birdo is an orange belt, but is on the fast track to becoming one of the best in the dojo. I am super proud of her ambition and hard work. Sister, you rock.

The trip was wonderful, so glad to see my favorite and only sister before I left. I know it sounds strange, but you just never know when it will be the very last time you see someone EVER, I always want those last times to count. We are giving John the fist, because we can :) Seriously John, I love you. Love you sister. Alrighty, goodbye Syracuse, hello London.

No comments: