Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Buckingham Palace with the Piggies

I know, it is a total Big Ben overload. Adessa's favourite thing in London is Big Ben and has to shout it out every time we pass by. Therefore, we have loads of pictures with this really big clock.


Adessa was ecstatic to see the Queen, I didn't tell her in advance that it wouldn't be possible. Surprise, we didn't see the Queen, but I got her to scoot all that way to Buckingham Palace from Victoria Station :) The guard told us that we can only tour the Palace in August and September when the Queen is on Holiday and that the Queen does in fact live in the Palace and was there today.


Scooting in front of Buckingham Palace trying to see out from under her cap.


Addie Dawn at the Victoria Monument. Queen Victoria is England's longest reigning Sovereign to date, and probably always will be. Victoria inherited the throne when she was 18 yrs. old and lived a long healthy life. Even though the Queen at present has proven to have longevity and ruled for many years, she was not as young as Victoria when she inherited the throne. Victoria and Albert are practically worshipped here, rightfully so, they did many wonderful things for England while ruling as Sovereign.


The beloved scooter.


Trying to get some pictures of Willie so that he can remember that he was here too. This is at the Victoria Monument. Yes, I am wearing a turtleneck. It was cold.


I just had to get a shot of her AWESOME hair :) A little reminder to myself that it is worth letting her keep it long despite fighting with her while brushing.


Chasing the birds in St. James Park.


Adessa was very proud of this "leaf wand" that she made.


Loving the big maple leaves.


Looking for some pigeons to torment.


Freezing, sad, and ready to go.


I absolutely loved this wreath. It is 100% organic, everything on it is real. Beautiful.
On our way home we grabbed a baguette sandwich at "Upper Crust" and a doughnut at "Crispy Creme," in Victoria and then boarded our train for home. Apart from Adessa being 1 inch and 5 seconds from being squished by a hurried driver it was pretty uneventful and easy.

No comments: