Saturday, 20 November 2010

Covent Garden Market

I know that I haven't been everywhere and seen everything, but I do believe that this is my favourite place in London. I am not sure if it is the Italian like open piazza or the awesome shops and food, but whichever it is, I love this place.


My new favourite thing: Crepe's with Nutella and strawberries. To die for. I originally sampled this treat at a street market in NYC, but found it again here in London. In NYC they didn't fold it and serve it in a cup, it is much more easily consumed served this way. LOVE IT!


If you put money in their cap or box they will move or let you take your picture with them. I'd rather just photograph them and pay them nothing. Should someone really get paid to stand there and look creepy? Strange.


There are always street performers at Covent Gardens. You actually have to audition and be approved to perform here, so the shows are really quite good. John got pulled into this particular act. I will try to upload the video, it is hilarious.


The creepiest Mickey Mouse costume ever! The weirdo practically mauled Adessa until we pulled her away from he/she. She of course loved that it was Mickey, but this Mickey was way too friendly.


Another random street performer. This chick balanced that metal ladder on her teeth and then later on juggled knives upside down while hanging with her knees around the top bar. We did give her money, she was great.


Addie wanted to know why I called him "Mr. Recycleable," pretty obvious right?


Facial close-up of creepy gold man.


Adessa cautiously staring at creepy bronze man.


And here is creepy bronze man. There was a creepy silver lady who looked like a silver witch. I didn't photograph her, maybe next time. Maybe I will paint myself hot pink and try to make a buck.


Despite some of the creepiness, can you see why I love Covent Garden Market? I think this will be a regular stop for the Talbot clan while we are living here. It really is a cool place and definitely worth seeing if you are planning a trip to London.

No comments: