
I have been super busy the past few days helping Gucci get ready for her "Red Hatter's" Halloween party. Two kids make it virtually impossible to keep anything clean and tidy let alone party ready. So, the cleaning and preparing began. I won't bore you with my Cinderella-Esq story of indentured servitude, but will tell you how Awesome the "Salty Sister's" are. I seriously hope that when I have become gracefully aged (like wine) I will be as much fun as these gals. Every one of them was dressed to perfection in their Witchy attire. They laughed, and cackled, and had a great time. Gucci sliced and diced for days as I made little chocolate skeletons emerging from their graves for a fine brownie dessert.
I have had a lot of inquiry as to the Oreo Balls, so I have posted the recipe below the picture. I did the White ones as Oreo Balls and the Pumpkin ones as Butterscotch Balls. I have also made them with Nutter Butters, but prefer the Oreo ones. I enjoyed every minute of the past couple days of hard work, when from the basement I heard the raging party above me. I am glad I have a fun mom who has fun friends.
Oreo Balls:
1Pckg Oreo's
1-8oz. Cream Cheese
1 Bag White Choc. Chips
Crush Oreo's (frosting and all) into a powder. I do it in my blender.
Soften cream cheese and mix together.
*This will make a dark paste.
Roll dough into balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze or chill.
Melt white chocolate in a double boiler.
Dip Oreo balls in white chocolate, place on wax paper until dry.
For the pumpkin balls I used the white Oreo's, cream cheese, and dipped them in butterscotch chips. I have also used nutter butters with cream cheese and dipped them in milk chocolate. I am sure you can do any combination of cookies, bonding agent, and chocolate.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment