Here is our new abode. Apart from the mildewy smell combined with multi cultural cooking (I have always been sensitive to smells), it's not too shabby. I must say that the location is amazing, we are a short walk from the Westminster station and pass by Westminster Abby each day to get on the tube. Getting around this area hasn't been too bad, of course, I haven't done it alone yet. There is a "Tesco" (which is a grocery chain) mini mart just down the street. The mini mart is impossible to do with a stroller, so John just does the grocery shopping while I hang out at home with the kids. I have yet to find my way on my own, but Monday will be that day. It gets dark at 4:30 p.m. here, so we usually retire to our pad around 3:00 p.m. Surviving the crowds and seeing some cool sights. So far, so manageable :)
Outside of our building, "Romney House."

Apartment 107 is what we call home.

Entry hall.

The living room or "reception room" as they call it.
Kitchen

Hall to bedrooms and bathrooms.

Adessa and Williams rooms. Too little sleeping occurs here!
Family bathroom.

Master bedroom. As you can see, the first thing I had John do was getting cleaning supplies and I pulled out the vacuum. I miss my best friend "Dyson." Can't wait to get into a house so I can get another one.
Master bathroom.
That is it. The whole place. We are on the first floor, so we don't have to walk too many stairs (the elevator takes forever). I will post when we are able to obtain a place of our own. We are looking at a potential place on Monday, detached house with 4 bedrooms. Fingers and toes crossed, but at the end of the day we have turned it over to the Lord. Wherever he wants us to be will be the place no matter the colour of carpet. I can't believe I just said that. It's true though. Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment