Today we donned our red in honor of the BYU vs. UTAH game. With the time change we weren't able to listen to the entire game, but John did his best to check on the score every now and then. As we were heading past Westminster Abby a woman hollered out "Utah, they're from Utah." Their acting tour guide was a BYU alumni, we teased her for a bit and told her that the big game was today. She smiled and laughed with us for a moment and then we went on our way. One of my favourite things to do at Westminster Abby is to take pictures of couples for them. Think about it, if you go with your spouse you get a picture with 1 of the 2 of you in it, unless, someone takes it for you. Whenever I see a couple with 1 of them taking the picture I always offer to take it of both of them. I have yet to have someone turn me down. All of the tourists have been very appreciative to have a picture with them together.John and the piggies all sporting their Utah hoodies.
Me and the piggies sporting our Utah hoodies.
Addie wanted us to take a picture together. After taking the picture I knew why, what a nut!
John's boss was just put in the Bishopric in the ward we will be living in. The Bishop and his family, first counsellor and his family, and their next door neighbours who are non-members came to this fantastic feast. It was funny to see all of these UK natives who had no clue what Thanksgiving is. I guess it would be like someone inviting us to a Boxing Day feast. The dinner was delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and chatting with these wonderful people. I am now more anxious than ever to move into my house.
Our new house is a 5 minute walk from John's bosses home and his wife and kids are great. Adessa became fast friends with their youngest daughter Emma who just so happens to be Adessa's same age. Leisha and David were really hoping that we would move into their area and ward and by the blessings of our Heavenly Father, it has happened. It was a great night. Plus, the Utes won!
No comments:
Post a Comment