This magnificent building is the "Natural History Museum." The museum is right across from the Victoria and Albert Museum and next door to the Science Museum.
The Natural History Museum complete with ice rink, carousel, and the best darn "chips" I have had to date. This is a spectacular museum. Having travelled around the past couple of days with Will on my back, I have the feeling that I am carrying him around even when I am not.

This was the first thing we saw upon entering the museum. From this point in time on Adessa was freaked out and wanted to leave. No way, I had travelled too far and prepared all morning for this. We were going to explore this awesome museum come hell or high water!
In order to get Adessa into the blue whale room she had to cover her eyes as I led her past the crocodiles and alligators. Let's remember that these are all behind glass, but "Night At The Museum" did us little good with this cause. She was 100% certain that they were alive and going to come through the glass and eat her.
Scared of absolutely everything we saw :)
Willie John isn't crying, for some reason his eye keeps tearing up in the cold. I have to do these funky camera tricks to be able to get pictures of him at our stops while wearing him in my pack. I was telling Addie that I was like the mother kangaroo she saw carrying her child in her pouch. She wasn't amused.

When we went to get off our train at the Westminster station, they redirected us to a different exit putting us at the Westminster Pier due to a protest taking place. As we wound around the street back to the direction we needed to walk, this is what we saw. It looked like a massive protest, the kind you see on the news. All of the streets were closed up and Westminster Abby and Parliament were practically vacant. I am sure there were a lot of angry people unable to get where they needed to go. I must admit that in my single days I would have been right up there in the action, but as a mother with 2 children I felt a little nervous and hurried on my way (after taking several different photo's of course) back home.
The street was barricaded and the protesters drew quite an audience of tourists and locals. The protest was supposed to be in the name of education, but opportunists also saw this as a time to play out their personal agenda's. Education protest or simply angry citizens?

There were 3 helicopters circling above us.
More police around Westminster.

I am uncertain as to whether someone got hurt in the commotion, but since the streets were closed for the protest I am going to assume no one was hit by a car.
Despite all the commotion, it is just another scoot for Adessa. Didn't you love being a kid, completely oblivious to the world around you? All you care about as a child is when you get your next meal and whether or not you can go play.
No comments:
Post a Comment