As the song goes "another year older and deeper in debt...." Hooray for another year on this planet. I seriously love life, not because I have everything I want, but because I have enough and I have what I need and that brings me joy. It is funny as I reflect back on my 34 years to see how I have evolved. I use to LOVE getting dressed up and going out, but now I can hardly wait to throw on one my favourite tie dye t-shirts and sweat pants. Who knew?! Since it was MY Birthday, after Church I decided that I was going to celebrate it in MY kind of swagger......comfort. So the tie dye went on and I enjoyed in my casual comfort. My Birthday is on our AMerican Thanksgiving every 7 years so I have been spoiled with good food, good family, and good gifts for a vast majority of my life. John did his best to try to celebrate it with good food and a cake from the kids, bless him for trying to fill the gaps.
Surprise! Aparna and family rang the bell to sing Happy Birthday to me and brought me a delicious little chocolate cake to share. This made me feel so loved :) Aparna is my sista from another continent.
William eyed my cake up and wanted to have a go at my candle.
Serenading me
My lovely lovely friend.
Ads had to have wished me a Happy Birthday one hundred times. This girl was SO excited that I was going to have a special day. She is simply the sweetest.
Sure it wasn't the big turkey dinner with pies and family togetherness that I am used to, BUT I am finding that joy comes in different styles of celebrating big or small. This year the celebrating was the Hubs and the kiddo's, loads of snuggles and a new pair of running shoes, which made for one AWESOME day.



