Halloween is hands down my favourite holiday. There are so many fun things to do for Halloween and the weather is usually cool, but not too cold. I love it. This year for our Halloween Family Evening I did themed foods, Halloween Bingo and of course we had a pumpkin carving contest. We invited Sally and Lauren as well as Frankie to join our festivities.
Fried skin grafts are potato chips.
Shrunken heads
Bingo prizes
It is abnormal to have a wreath on your door in the UK, Christmas maybe being the exception, but I can't not have one. When John and I lived in UT we had a fully lit graveyard in our front yard so this is definitely played down for us.
Sally had grown a great big pumpkin on her farm and brought it for me to carve. Can you guess which one it was? Sally had never carved a pumpkin before so it was fun being a part of her first big pumpkin carving contest experience. I think she really enjoyed it. I must admit that I get a little crazy about my pumpkin carving and hold the title in my family for the most "Best in Show" carvings, which is the most coveted prize to win.
I was super impressed with ALL of the pumpkins carved. We typically have the kids draw their design on the pumpkins and then we carve them for the kids.
The kids were eager to come in and see who won which prize as everyone was awarded a prize. Hugh and Mary were our judges and were blown away by how great all the pumpkins were.
Sally and myself posing in my fine hat that Nana sent me with my beloved Candy Corns.
The ever necessary shape picture with a Halloween theme.
Sally and I posing with our Pirate boyfriend.
We had a really great time and were glad that friends could join us.




