My friend Rebecca invited us to join a bunch of other ex-pats at Toby's Carvery for an ex-pat Thanksgiving. I had been planning to cook and put on a big Thanksgiving dinner and invite friends over again like I did last year, but I was exhausted and this seemed like an offer I simply could NOT refuse. Sally lived in NY for a year or so and so she asked if they could join and we were happy to have them. I met some other ex-pats and I saw some friends that I hadn't seen in a while. Toby's is a very traditional British Carvery with all you can eat vegetables and yorkshire puddings, which meant we could have turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. I did make some pumpkin and pecan pies and after dinner had Sally and Lauren and Hugh and Mary over for Thanksgiving dessert.
My friend Rebecca who I met on FB through a mutual friend in the US. The world really is a very small place. A great big thanks to Rebecca for inviting us for a great Thanksgiving dinner and evening out with a bunch of other Yanks! This year I find myself grateful for this journey I have been able to take in the UK, it has been a VERY difficult one, but I have recognised a strength I never knew I had and am really grateful for it.