"We Will Rock You," is the theme of the Spring concert at Shellie's School of Dance. This week has been debatably one of my hardest. I'll spare you the sobs and tears, but I have taught at the studio for 16 years and have danced at the studio for 29. Of course this week would be hard, it is the first concert I have missed in the past 29 years. My degree is in dance and teaching dance has been my passion from the days at the studio to the days of teaching in public education. Missing dance concert feels like I am missing a little piece of my soul :) And yet I find myself feeling like there are so many things I will not take for granted again. Sort of like Scrooge when he has his great awakening. Anyway, I have it on good report that this years concert is awesome as always.
Gucci rocking her t-shirt.
Every year the concert has a theme and this year the theme is rock. When Gucci was here for a visit we went and got rock t-shirts for all of the teachers to wear at the concert. Each of the the t-shirts is of a different rock band. We then went to Portabello Road where she bought antique charms for the teachers. Every concert Gucci gives the teachers a charm that goes along with the concert theme. Since London is one of the greatest and most historical music centres in the world......what better place to get a charm and shirt?! I was crazy in love with each of the shirts and so excited to see the teachers decked out in their skinny jeans and rock shirts looking hot and fabulous.
Gucci has students that graduate from the studio each year. This is among the hardest part for me....these graduates I have taught since they were the Pink One's age, and many of them I have taught for a lot of years. It is always so rewarding to watch them perform their swan song. I am excited to see the video of these beautiful graduates and of all the great choreography.
I have been blessed to be a part of an amazing dance family that has dedicated their talents to teaching and mentoring dance, with standards, to thousands of girls. I am blessed to have these fun and talented women in my life and I am blessed to have been a teacher of both little and big pigs. Thanks to Jamie for posting these pictures on my FB wall, I hate living vicariously, but I would rather that than nothing at all. Tonight is closing night and I wish dancers and teachers alike a best show yet! Love you my dance family and I am sweating bullets for you all. Xoxo.



No comments:
Post a Comment