Sunday, 15 May 2011

Ightham Mote

Ightham Mote, pronounced "item" is a Medieval Moated Manor House. Ightham Mote dates back to 1320, and is a perfect representation of how manor houses looked. This enormous National Trust treasure is pretty close to our home and a perfect sight for a family picnic, stroll, or lazy Sunday afternoon.  



The Wisteria is in bloom and looks absolutely gorgeous.


Medieval Pasties ;) Sorry, I couldn't help it.


I have this thing for windows and photographing them. Not sure what it is, but it has something to do with light and reflection.


The ceiling had been painted for the visit of Henry VIII and Catherine. They never showed. After Catherine's divorce and exile from Henry VIII the ceiling was to be painted over as it had some symbolism specific to them and her. It never was. After Henry VIII remarried Anne Boleyn the owner could have been put to death if this ceiling had been reported. But it wasn't, and the ceiling was beautiful.


Wist table.


Pianoforte next to the wist table, and yes, I was waiting for Eliza Bennett and Mr. Darcy to walk on through the door.


Shadows.


Ightham Mote.




The Pink One told me that she had found a new pet. Now this is the kind of pet I like!


Baywatch run. The wind is even blowing through his golden locks.


I just want to pinch their cute little faces. *pinch*


Hubby and I were awestruck at how old this tree must be. Look at that twisting trunk and deformed branches. We were crazy in love with this Ent.


I have no idea what kind of blossoming bush this is, but they had one with purple blossoms and one with pink. Both of the bushes were brilliant.



I tried to capture this cool spider web on this prickly plant.


Judge me as you may, but I didn't think that the Blue One was a very cute baby. The little guy was a gorgeous newborn, but then he got huge eyes, a big round face, and never really smiled. Grandma Great called him sober sides because it was like performing a 3 ring circus to get the smallest hint of a grin. But, I think that he is one of the cutest toddlers I have ever seen. I love his mischievous grin and wild eyes.




The Pink One had this great idea to pick baby brother up. Baby brother is definitely shorter than big sister, but they are pretty close when it comes to weight. The Pink One over estimated her strength and they ended up toppled on top of each other on the ground.


The Pink One differing from the Blue One was a freaky looking newborn, but a beautiful baby, toddler, and little girl.


Cartwheels.


The climbing roses were in bloom and held a nice contrast to the wall.



The first time I came to Ightham Mote was for a play group and so I didn't get to tour through the home (2 kids mauling everything? I don't think so). This time Hubby and I took turns wandering through the home and gardens. My friend Naomi and her family come here on Sunday's after church to enjoy the beauty as a family. I think this is a lovely idea.

No comments: