Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Road Trip Day 8: Dijon

We left Lyon bright and early and headed for Dijon, France. We had no agenda and nothing specific to see in the Burgundy countryside, we were just winging it to Dijon. We decided to avoid highway's and drive country roads all the way from Lyon to Dijon, realistically, this is the best way to see the little villages and countryside.



On our way we stumbled on the Chateau de La Rochepot. Wowsers. You could only tour this Chateau with a guide.....and in french, but they had a paper in English for me to read. The Chateau was beautiful, in an amazing location, and has been used for defence.






The Hubby and Piggies.


This well was as expensive to build as the Chateau. This reminded me of just how important water is, people were willing to spend extreme amounts of money to have a water source.


A view from the top of the Chateau over the Beaune, Burgundy countryside.


One of my favourite photo's I have ever taken.


Our Family


The reason why we have a family :)


Going on 11 years of marriage and 16 years of friendship.


And so we begin the tour of random Chateau sight seeing.




Village street.




Church tower.





More Roman Amphitheatre ruins. 




Look mom, a stage!


Forget that.....a bigger stage!


Man made ;)




Random Chateau





The Pink One has a health issue that we are finally able to get taken care of, but the nature of this issue means a lot of sudden having to pee. So we pulled into a little park for her to go and have her pee. While parked I decided to take a family picture with this lovely Chateau in the back ground and told the Pink One to head into the grass and have her pee. Such a good girl, she did as she was asked without question. Unfortunately, the grass was not only grass, but stinging nettle. Thankfully she hadn't pulled down her panties to find out that it was stinging nettle *ouch* She did in fact cry for a bit until we were able to wipe her legs down.









The Burgundy countryside is among the most beautiful I saw in Europe, actually a tie with the Bavaria bits.



More Chateau.




I couldn't help but fall madly in love with the blue sky and puffy white clouds. The older I get, the more  I have a thing for clouds.



I have always been a lover of road trips. I loved today because we just went willy nilly, saw what we wanted to, and then headed to the hotel. I loved seeing all of the Chateau's which are basically the castle's of France, but with a different look than those of the UK. Tomorrow's adventure in Dijon before we leave for Raimes is one of the funniest of my life. Let's just say we all had a great time in Dijon except Hubby (who was a good sport), bless him.

No comments: