Truthfully, I am tired of blogging my road trip. However, I blurb my blog for journaling purposes and so I must finish my last 2 days. I must also admit that nature saved some of the very best bits for last. Our drive from Dijon to Raimes was absolutely picturesque.
Our day today started at a water park in Dijon that was next to the hotel. The Pink One is part fish/part human and begged us to take her to the water park. We consented. When we got to the water park ready to swim we saw this sign......What? If you can't wear swim shorts than you..........oh.........no! John refused.
But how can you refuse when you have these sweet piggies dying to play in the wave pool, lazy river, and water slides? Well, you don't. I headed to France's equivalent of Wal-Mart in the shopping center attached to the water park and got both the Blue One and the Hubby their European Swim wear :) Don't worry, it wasn't a speedo, but a pair of the Daniel Craig- James Bond booty shorts (although there were plenty of men sporting their speedo's). The Blue One is sporting his in the picture. Hubby flatly refused to let me take a picture of him, but don't worry, just picture Daniel Craig in his and that is pretty much what the hubby looked like. Be jealous.
Hubby ;)
He would however, let me take a picture of him holding them up. This man truly loves his family and would literally do ANYTHING to make us happy, I don't know many men who really would.
And last of all it was time to get in our car to head to Raimes......ours is the silver one. Okay, okay, behind the other silver one.
The fields of Rapeseed were in full bloom and so bright that at times they appeared fluorescent.
Again we travelled away from the highway and through the small villages and little country lanes. As you drive you have little villages and then fields and meadows, and then another little village and then fields and meadows all the way to the final destination of a larger city.
We decided to visit a Chateau called Chatuea de Bussy-Rabutin. Favourite place I have been next to Neuschwanstein Castle. There are a number of reasons why I loved this place: 1st- we were the only people there, 2nd- It was a gorgeous warm day with beautiful skies and clouds capturing beautiful pictures and taking pictures is what I love to do, 3rd- this Chateau is filled with amazing art work which is another passion of mine, and 4th: the owner of the Chateau was exiled there in his day for mocking Louis XIV "the Sun King." I am sorry, but I love anyone who has a sense of humour and Roger de Rabutin, Comte de Bussy certainly had one.
Each room was beautiful and the art work amazing. I could see Pemberley from Pride and Prejudice looking like the inside of this Chateau.
Ceiling art.
Ceiling art.
I thought that this person looked like George Washington :)
The Fam
The Hubby and piglets.
Me with piglets.
"Lone Boy at Chateau" Can't you just see this as a painting? I think it is so funny, I laugh out loud every time I see it. Buddha belly.
There were lizards running all over the stones and the piggies decided to try to catch one. The lizards won, but it kept the piggies occupied for quite some time. There was also a chorus of frogs on lily pads in the mote, we counted about 20 fat frogs singing very loudly.
Pointing out the lizards tail sticking out from the rocks.
Team work. The plan was to surround the lizards so they couldn't escape. *snicker*
After seeing all of the Chateau and spending a good amount of time enjoying the warmth and beauty, we headed out to Raimes to enjoy the last night of our Holiday.












No comments:
Post a Comment