
It is no secret that I hate goodbye's. I stink at them. I become very attached to things, memories, and people. Not a stalker, but attached. Such is the case with my Saturn. I have had the Saturn for 15yrs., 1 year short of half my life (don't bother doing the math). I got this car going into my Junior year in High School and was able to take it with me to College my Junior and Senior year. I have so many fond memories with, in, and of this car. I remember piling everything I owned into this little baby and driving her to Cedar City for College, I remember getting in my first car accident with some random guy who was too nice, I remember road trips, killing the engine, smooching a boy....or two, Drive-In movies, and getting to my beloved job at the Junior High each day. I LOVED my Saturn. Plus, the baby was periwinkle! What is cooler than a High School chick driving a periwinkle car? Well....we can't take her with us. A super neat person wanted to purchase the Saturn and donate her to a family in need. John and I agreed to this, but were much like the uncle in Pride and Prejudice, left to receive all of the gratitude for the help that was given by another. The sweet family that we gave the car to was overwhelmed and overjoyed to have inherited my beloved Saturn. Sweet sister
Vilchez came up to me with big tears in her eyes thanking me for the car. I told her that she was welcome, but I wasn't to receive all of the credit. Others had been a part of bringing this to pass. I was so deeply touched by her faith and gratitude. I believe that we could not have given the Saturn to a more appreciative family, and for that, it is a privilege for me to pass a most beloved part of my life to them. I hope that the Saturn serves this sweet deserving family as well as it has served me/us. Good bye old friend.


The sweet Vilchez family
No comments:
Post a Comment