Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Clip, Snip, Buzz

Willie's groovy haircut


For years John has been begging me to cut his hair. I have flatly refused. Why have me massacre your head and have to be seen with you publicly afterwards? No thanks. Of course Costco was having a great deal on clippers, a few hand clasped pleas, a cute little smile, and the battle was over. I caved. Clippers were purchased and our plans for the evening quickly evolved into "Ashley's Hair Salon." First John, and then Willie. Thank Heaven's John has so much hair and thank Heaven's that I like it short. After a bit of coaching from the Johnster himself I completed a fairly successful haircut. In the future I would leave the front a bit longer, but altogether I think I did a good job on the sides, back, and cleaning up the lines. Willie was a bit less work as far as making the hair look decent and a bit more work as far as not clipping his ear off. I quite liked it and figure that I will get better in time. The one bad thing is that I have a bit of a perfectionist nature, now when I look at both of my boys hair I see flaws. This is the part that may drive me nutty. We'll see. In the meantime, the clippers have paid for themselves, and I look forward to John always having nicely coiffed hair :)

John's groovy haircut


No comments: