
Saying goodbye to the studio and my teacher friends is not a simple task. As a matter of fact, I have been teaching at the studio for 16yrs., which is like saying farewell to a big old chunk of myself. I almost hyperventilate at the thought of leaving the studio. The dance studio represents much more than a paycheck, fun friends, and cute students...it is a place where one can express the innermost feelings of their soul through the greatest form of non-verbal communication, dance. When I walk into the studio I feel like I am 6 again swaying to the sweet hum of "the Carpenters," I feel like a teenager obligated to be there so I don't mess up the dance for the others on my team, and I feel like a technique
Sergeant pushing girls to meet their dancing potential. I know that the studio will survive without me, but can I survive without the studio? I have been blessed to teach and create at our awesome little "Shellie's School of Dance." I have worked with the women who taught me, and I have worked with the girls who are now women that I taught.
To say goodbye we all went to Chili's, one of my favorite places to chow. All of the faculty chatted and laughed,
which would be my favorite way to say goodbye. I was actually pretty composed and only shed a couple of tears. A great big thank you to these amazing ladies who helped teach, mentor, and love me through many years of my life. You are Shellie's and Shellie's is a huge part of me. I love you.
Me and the Gucci

Adena,
Kel, and Annie

Shayla, Sara, Dayna, Shannon, and Sam. Shayla, Shannon, and Sam were all former summer technique all stars. I loved teaching all 3 of them.

Back: Gucci, Adena,
Kel, Sara, Shannon, Sam
Front: Anna, Me, Shayla, and Dayna

Enjoying our fine feast while discussing good books and movies. A perfect girl occasion.

Thanks for the sweet gifts and for a wonderful last "meeting." I can't wait to see the concert video :)
No comments:
Post a Comment