Sunday, 23 September 2012

A Tale of Toothly Woe

Adessa's teeth have been wobbly for a VERY long time. We have teased her that John would pull them out if she didn't start wiggling them to come out on her own. But she can be a big wimp about some things.......teeth being one of them. When teeth start to get really loose they start to move and can look really really funny, such was the case with Ads. Hugh and Mary had us over one evening for dinner with their son Lee his wife Phil and their daughter Frankie. As Ads, Frankie, and William were running and wrestling and playing rough (as usual) old William tossed a blow that clean knocked Ads tooth to hang from a thread if even that. When Ads saw the blood she of course screamed and started to cry so I ran over to see if the tooth was more wobbly and as I touched the tooth it came right out in my fingers. When Ads saw the tooth had come out she was all smiles and excitement. The Tooth Fairy came and £1.00 was received under the pillow.



About a week later Ads and I were walking together on the High Street to exchange her ballet shoes when she decided to start twizzling around as we walked. While she twizzled she pulled me off my balance and I lunged forward to keep from falling just as her face turned towards me and her face and my knee made contact. I know that this HAD to of hurt bad, because it hurt my knee. As I looked down Ads let out a Rebel Yell that could raise the dead and there was blood dripping out of her mouth. I said "Are you okay" and she screamed "I swallowed my tooth!!!!" As the blood continued to drip in a puddle in my hand from her mouth she continued to scream and cry and I kept trying to console her telling her the Tooth Fairy would still come. She was in a lot of pain and I didn't have anything for the blood which is splattered on my shirt and pooling in my hands whilst people keep walking right past us on the High Street. Many thanks to the good Samaritan who finally stopped and offered to go and find some tissues and a wipe so that we could clean up a bit and the British Heart Foundation shop keeper came out and invited us to use their personal toilet because Ads in the midst of this all started to pee her pants. The whole thing was a disaster and quite tragic. We went to the upstairs of the shop, Ads used the toilet, we were able to wash up the blood and then through a constant flow of tears she headed out the door to exchange her ballet shoes. 





I. Felt. Horrible! I was able to crack some jokes with Ads about the ordeal and cheer her up a bit. I kept wanting to see where the tooth had come from but she wouldn't show me her mouth. Finally she opened up and I was able to see why there had been so much blood and pain. Losing a tooth in general is a bit of a bloody ordeal but the cut along her gum from the way we made contact when we hit made this an even more bloody ordeal than the others. As we were leaving we went into Tesco to get her a drink and a treat to cheer her up. Whilst we were shopping Ads saw one of her teachers from school who was very cute with her and really cheered Ads up. Home we went to write the Tooth Fairy a note. I asked Ads if the Tooth Fairy would be willing to bring me some money if I retrieved her tooth from her poo? ;) ;) Not worth the pound.



Not many girls can say that they have had 2 teeth knocked out. After Ads lost her first tooth I told her we couldn't have our family picture taken until she lost her "Nanny McPhee" tooth, however I didn't intend to knock it out...........family pictures don't mean THAT much :) We now have a toothless beauty and I can't wait to have a good laugh when her 2 new giant adult teeth come in dwarfing all the teeth around them.