Oh this boy! Liam is a handful, you can tell just by looking in his eyes. He does the darndest things. Some of our favourite things that William says are: "What about me, what about me!" He calls his teenage cousins his "brothers." He calls himself "Liam." He cannot say L's in some words instead he says "Y" which drives us crazy! He can climb and jump fearlessly, but is terrified of monsters. He always says "Oh man!" and "Holy Cow!" "What the heck!" and "You are weird." I remember when he was a baby feeling somewhat grateful that I couldn't understand what he was saying......now I know why. William is full of energy, he is the life of the party, and he brings joy and sunlight everywhere he goes. People always comment of William "He is all boy that one!" It is true if that means he is wild and crazy and does the weirdest stupidest things :) The other day at the train station I was bent over tying my shoe when he bent down and charged me like a ram crashing head first with his head to mine. I nearly saw stars! I remember looking at him and thinking "what is going on in your MIND!" Crazy little guy.
I walked into the room t hear him saying "Bob the builder.....can he build it....Yes. He. Can!" I laughed. Nice tool belt little guy.
John and I were sitting downstairs chatting when we heard a loud CRACK followed by and "oww." John and I kept chatting and then decided I needed to see what was going on upstairs. When I got there I said to Adessa "Did you hit your brother?" She looked at me with GUILTY written across her forehead and said "yes." I then looked at William and saw THIS!!!!! Oh. My. Stars. "Adessa, look at what you did to your brother!" Adessa: "..........cry cry cry tears tears tears." A timeout was assigned and a typically very patient sister was left feeling horrible on the step. I felt bad for the pair of them and then I marvelled at how different this scenario would have been if William had left a mark like that on Ads. William said "oww" and Adessa would have cried and wailed and acted as if her life had ended. Kids are funny.
Both of my kids have a creative bone, they wear capes, they explore, they imagine, and they play independently beautifully.
I love this boy. Look at that angelic face :) His blue eyes melt my heart and his cheeky grin is irresistible. I am however looking forward to him being in school 4 days a week this year. I feel like I am a better mom when I have a little bit of time to do some work and do some things I enjoy whilst being alone. I have never professed to be the best mom in the world, but I try to do good by my children. Love this boy and feel very blessed to have our family, small as it may be we are very very blessed.