Adessa's school Sports Day began with the Parade of Nations! The kids entered the field ready to fight for their honour and their house colour. The Red Gliders were anxious and eager to win the House Cup this year.
Taking off on her first race.
Hurdles
Relay
She has pretty great form I must say.
The egg and spoon race using a ball.
Balancing the bean bag.
The "get dressed into silly clothes" relay.
Chasing the ball.
I missed the pictures of her best race, and that was the skipping rope race. This girl can skip rope! I was amazed at how well Ads can skip, and she LOVES it. The pair of us have skipped at home and we race whilst skipping ti her school and back on occasion, but I had no clue just how good she was at it for her age. Ads had a great time at sports day. It is interesting to watch her and how she always holds back just a bit. She loves running and racing, but if she thinks someone else will beat her she'll hold back just a bit and let them......even if she could have clearly beaten them. I am not sure if this is a great quality and I should embrace it, or if it needs some focus and redirecting? We will just watch and see and take it as it comes. I love this girl and can say confidently that I am proud to be her mom and rarely have to worry about the way she will behave or treat others.
The event ended in a celebratory hug from baby brother.
The Red Gliders did NOT win, but a good time was had by all.










