Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Poop!

Do you see this cheeky boy?




Well, on Sunday our church was hosting a musical concert and since Ads has a lovely little singing voice she was invited to participate by singing a short solo. Hubby was in Scotland, William is toilet training, and I was a wreck. I had a feeling that Will would have to use the potty during the concert, but of course, he was looking suspicious just as his sister had her turn to perform. I waited and watched her.......and he pooped in his undies. I took the little guy into the toilet, cleaned the undies out and went back in. He pooped in them again. Obviously he is slightly constipated so they were little but potent smears of poop in his undies. This time I decided to take the undies off, clean his bottom up, and put his shorts back on to enjoy the rest of the concert. When the concert finished Will headed straight to the table of juice and sweets. As I approached the table with the other patrons I noticed brownie squashed into the carpet. I thought to myself, "I don't see brownies here?" Yeah, there weren't. Guess what had dropped so nicely out of the leg of his shorts? Poop.

I had to wait for people to finish squashing around on the trail of poop in front of the buffet table before I could clean the carpet. I was beyond frustrated, embarrassed, and exhausted from having taken away his binky/dummy the night before. Finally people cleared out of the room, I grabbed the carpet cleaner and got busy. Aside from this mortifying experience along with him peeing his pants twice in Primark Will has done a pretty good job with the toilet training. We are getting there. I now have a child out of diapers and binky/dummy free. I am afraid my baby is becoming a "big boy." It's really nice to have a big boy, but there is something a little sad about not having a baby anymore. I feel really blessed to have a Pink One and a Blue One. Poop aside, life is good.