Saturday, 26 May 2012

Heading Back to the UK: Day 9 - The Long Flight Home

It's time to go home. I was super sad to be leaving, but also excited to see my kiddo's and Hubby. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to visit home, it breathed new life into me. I know it sounds cheesy, but seeing my former dance teaching co-workers/friends and students made me feel like I do have a purpose, seeing my family made me feel loved, seeing my friends made me laugh and laugh hard, and being home in the hills and sunshine made me feel at peace. I really do like it here in the UK, but it is as Dorothy says in The Wizard of OZ "there's no place like home." So true. I love my parents and my family very much, we aren't a perfect family, in fact we are nuts, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I was very happy to see and spend time with Mom.


We are sad that I am leaving.



I am not a sitter and NEVER have been, so a 12 - 15 hour flight is my own personal version of Hell. Apparently, my body feels the same way that my mind does. My ankles had completely swollen to tree trunk legs, I had pitting, and my feet really hurt and were itchy. I got in the car and went to take my shoes off when I saw that I had no ankles. Gross eh?


I had a really great time, but am happy to be back with my own little family. 
Thanks Mom for being the greatest. Love yer guts!