When Sherri came to UT she had a special request for me to teach her how to make "fascinators" for her Girls Camp. So this morning Sherri and I headed out to Michael's craft store to get some supplies. Sherri is the Girls Camp Director in her area for our church, which I had the privilege of being for 3 years in mine. I LOVE girls camp all drama aside. I knew that her idea for fascinators would be an instant success among the girls. I have no pattern for fascinators, just my brain, and some people may think they aren't fascinators at all, but I think they are close enough.
I have desperately missed my crafting lifestyle in the US :(
These are the ones I made with the Youth group I volunteer with at our church here in the UK. I taught her how to make them this same way.
After we finished our fascinators we headed to see "The Avengers," a film we all wanted to see but worried that our Hubby's would be cross with us for seeing without them. You can see we only felt bad for a short time before caving in and going. Can you tell which girl is which character? The film was AWESOME and I will definitely be seeing it again....and again.....and again....okay I'll buy it and watch it until I wear it out! It was really great. We all pretty much sat and ogled Thor, who is the hottest man on earth next to our husbands.
Here is the guy who plays Thor and is also starring in "The Huntsman," another film I am DYING to see. We are yearning for him....*snicker*
The critics give the film 2 thumbs up....and we are harsh critics.
After the film we went to our favourite frozen custard shop "Nielsen's Frozen Custard." Mmmmm..... I ordered my favourite caramel cashew frozen custard and Sherri got the cherry almond. We had mom's friend over for dinner again and enjoyed some of Birdo's fantastically marinated Teriyaki chicken grilled to perfection. Tonight was Birdo and Sherri's last night before they leave to go home. So sad. Another great day all together.