Knowing that last Saturday was going to be FABULOUS, we decided to head to a sandy beach at a town called Southend on Sea. The drive is about 1hr. from our house, but for a sandy beach, sunshine, and clear blue skies....it was well worth it.
Perfect beach/wish I was jogging on the beach, sort of day.

Before we left we went to the 99P store and bought a beach kit, the Pink One loved using each different utensil on our Sandcastle masterpiece.

The Pink One and I began construction on what would be the world's greatest Sandcastle.
Explaining the rules of participation to the Blue One.
Warning against destruction.
Defying me and attempting destruction.
Hubby questioned our architecture? C'mon, aren't all castle turret's this close together? We are pro's here.
Hubby was thrilled that he got to squeeze onto this slide with the Blue One. I was grateful that I didn't have to do the walk of shame in the event that my hips and thighs were to voluptuous to fit (voluptuous is the word, certainly not husky).

A very happy chocolate Gelato face :) I had to leave the face moustached and bearded, it was way too cute to clean off.
The Pink One declared our day at Southend on Sea and Adventure Island to be, "the best day ever!" I couldn't agree more. It was a beautiful clear blue sky and sandy beach filled with ice cream, doughnuts, candy floss, burgers, sandcastles, and enough laughter to hurt your abs and make you want to.......well, you know (glurp). As parents we all know that when the piggies are happy the parents are happy, and today was a whole lot of happy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment