Thursday, 3 March 2011

Are You Kidding Me?

Notice anything about this picture? Okay, okay, yes he has toothpaste all over himself, but notice anything else? *Hint: take a look at his nose and by his mouth.

How about now?

"Maaaaa-oooom, the Blue One has the scissors!" This was sort of like the repeat of "Maaaaa-oooom, the Blue One has the shaver!" Only it's the scissors this time. I run around the corner and grab the scissors out of his hand. Whew, that could have been bad. And then I see this......

And this......

And this.....

And this....

And this....

What the? Honestly, how does one know that there is going to be blood streaked all over the house when the kid doesn't cry? I run to see where exactly the little man is bleeding from and he has managed to cut his finger. He had traipsed all over the house bleeding onto comforters, walls, bags of chips, refrigerators, cupboards, and sinks. I think I will still be finding blood smears on things today. Let's face it, as busy moms we count on the occasional "checking in on" to be sure they aren't being naughty and rely on the cry to tell if they have fallen or bumped their head. Well.....what happens when there is no cry? I'll tell you what happens, a lot more cleaning and now 2 comforters needing to be washed. The Blue One does cry on occasion, so no he doesn't have that hurt yourself and not feel anything disease, but the dude is tough. I don't believe that you should micro manage your children, I feel like it takes away independence and creativity. However, I am going to have to start rearranging cupboards and drawers, not an easy task in a tiny house. Love me that boy, but oye was I glad when the Hubby got home last night!

No comments: