Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Bath


Bath was pretty much everything I dreamed it would be and more. It. Is. Amazing. For all of you Jane Austen fans, Bath plays a major role in her books "Persuasion" and "Northanger Abbey." Bath was originally named "Aquae Sulis" (the waters of Solis) by the Romans in 43 A.D. The Romans built the baths around a naturally occurring hot spring which just so happens to be the only one in the UK. You are able to tour through the Roman Baths and see the original structure as well as many artifacts from the original structure. Bath became known much later for it's Georgian architecture and spa appeal. You will recognise Bath from the picture of the Royal Crescent when you watch the film adaptation of the book "Persuasion."


Bath with the Hospital of St. John the Baptist, founded 1174.

View of the Cathedral from the main Bath.

Smaller Bath.

Cathedral in Bath.

Main Roman Bath.



Original artifact from the sight.



The Pink One posing with a carpenter.

The Royal Crescent.


I loved Bath so much that I would love to spend the weekend there. Nothing about Bath was disappointing to me, I loved every bit of it.


No comments: