Friday, 25 March 2011

Piggy Pooh

It has been one of THOSE weeks, you know, the kind you want to leave far behind you. John has worked 15 and 16 hour days this week which means I have held down the fort a la solo. I am capable of managing 2 kids on my own, but capable or not, bored + lonely + William = a VERY long week. Last night was the meltdown, right on cue. It's predictable really and certainly what the Hubby wants to deal with when walking through the door of a very long week himself, yeah right. But, being the expressive and relatively passionate person that I am, it all came spewing out like the contents of a drunken sailor's stomach. Tears, more tears, and maybe a little farm talk. It's over. My super sweet Pink One seeing that I was unable to hold back the dam of tears wrote this little note in the other room and slid it under my door. It was just the recipe I needed to help me remember that it is worth staying home and not going back to work. I was impressed that she thought of the words, sounded them out, and spelled them onto the paper by herself. I know she isn't a genius child, but she is a thoughtful child. Thanks Piggy Pooh for the pick me up. I really am blessed and am keeping this note so that when the next flood of tears comes charging forward I can remember that it is worth it.

No comments: