I feel like an American Picker, and boy have I picked. Charity shops are really really big in my town. Orpington High Street has a number of these little shops which are second hand retailers that donate the proceeds of their sales to different charitable organisations. I have been dying to check these shops out. I told John I was heading to the grocery store, which I did, but not until I had detoured to the high Street. I raced into the shops with my "picker" mentality. I had no idea what I was doing, but I thought about the show "American Pickers," and looked for what I thought would be valuable.
I don't really think that these plates have any value, there is no signature or stamp on them, but boy did I think they were cool. I only had enough money on me to buy 3 of them, so I did, and then decided I would go back on Monday and get the other two. But then I thought about how many times in my life I had done that only to return and have what I wanted gone. So I ran to the nearest ATM and got out enough money to buy the other two. I left more than pleased and felt like those 2 lads from "American Pickers" would have been proud. I guess that technically I would be a "British Picker," but whatever. My fine pickings are decorative copper plates that have been hand painted. I loved the way the metal had been etched and the colours of the painted flowers are FABULOUS! I think I am going to hang them in my guest room along with my rose photographs.
I am heading back tomorrow to see if there are any other "picker" must haves.
No comments:
Post a Comment