
We received a call yesterday afternoon telling us that Adessa had been accepted to a school and that this school just so happened to be our number 1 school choice. Hooray. My worst nightmare was when they said and that she will be starting tomorrow. What! I grabbed Wills up from his nap, loaded the pair of them, and headed for Orpington High Street to the School Uniform shop before it closed. We were able to get her outfitted for school with her Uniform and her P.E. kit which is a pair of navy shorts, black plimsolls, and a red t-shirt (her house colour). The only things that we still need to get are her school bag which is shaped like a briefcase and a cardigan for her. I thought that she would freak out and say that she looked like a boy with her tie on, but she didn't. In fact she said, "I always wanted to look like the girl on Harry Potter!" Thank you Harry Potter.
When I asked Addie how she liked school she said that she did, except for this boy who stuck his tongue out at her. I asked what she did about it and she said that she told the teacher. I told her that the boy probably liked her, but she told me that he got "a scolding" because she is the new girl. I am glad that she liked it, because I liked it too.

No comments:
Post a Comment