Maren sent me a Marathon "Good Luck" package from TX which included a lovely pedicure set, pink gum, foot lotion, and last but not least the nail polish I am sporting on my fingers, "Fuchsia Bling Bling" so bought for its name. I wanted to wear it while I ran the Marathon so when discouraged I could look down and remember all of the love and support I have received from family and friends. I think I stared at my nails from mile 22-26, that's when things got tough, but, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" right? In truth, the Marathon went great I didn't even cry when I finished (what? shock and horror) I was relieved and wanted the numbness to leave my legs and right foot. I was hoping for a 4:22:00 Marathon and I ran it in 4:18:01. That's right I was 4 minutes fast I averaged a 9:50 something mile rather than my typical 10:00 long run mile. So hooray it is finished and I had a blast. Thanks eveyone for your love and support I really appreciate it. Pictures of the actual Marathon are yet to come, my brother is holding them hostage in exchange for Christmas ones I have for him (diabolical).
Sunday, 20 April 2008
Fuchsia Bling Bling
Maren sent me a Marathon "Good Luck" package from TX which included a lovely pedicure set, pink gum, foot lotion, and last but not least the nail polish I am sporting on my fingers, "Fuchsia Bling Bling" so bought for its name. I wanted to wear it while I ran the Marathon so when discouraged I could look down and remember all of the love and support I have received from family and friends. I think I stared at my nails from mile 22-26, that's when things got tough, but, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" right? In truth, the Marathon went great I didn't even cry when I finished (what? shock and horror) I was relieved and wanted the numbness to leave my legs and right foot. I was hoping for a 4:22:00 Marathon and I ran it in 4:18:01. That's right I was 4 minutes fast I averaged a 9:50 something mile rather than my typical 10:00 long run mile. So hooray it is finished and I had a blast. Thanks eveyone for your love and support I really appreciate it. Pictures of the actual Marathon are yet to come, my brother is holding them hostage in exchange for Christmas ones I have for him (diabolical).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment