Sunday, 6 January 2013

Christmas Eve 2012

In our family we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve (a Swedish tradition), which means we always have a big smorgasbord and open all of our present excluding those brought by Father Christmas. I LOVE Christmas Eve. I will admit that it is hard not having family around during the holidays, but one thing I do love about being away is that I get to prepare the food, which is something that I really enjoy doing. I made our traditional Christmas relish wreath, we had an assortment of favourite Christmas desserts, meats, cheese's, chips, crackers, potatoes au gratin, ham, meatballs, turkey, cheese ball, and my home baked Lion House bread rolls. It was a feast. Thankfully it was not just the 4 of us I was feeding. As tradition stands we had the Missionaries over to eat, share a Christmas message and to open their gift from us which is always a pair of matching Christmas pyjama's. 









Trying not to look exhausted from pulling off our Christmas feast.



Sister Corbett and Sister Haroun joined us for dinner this year. We really enjoy having the missionaries over on Christmas Eve and feel like we fill that emptiness you feel without family during the holidays with the blessings of new friendships and the love of our Saviour Jesus Christ. We love feeding the missionaries and being proxy family at Christmas time to them and in return they make it feel like we have family here as well.



Matching Christmas Jammies.










Oops! We broke one of our 3 kings heads off. John and i joke that he is now John the Baptist, *snicker* I know it really isn't that funny, but it kinda sorta is :)



Each year Grandma Gucci gives us Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve. After we put on our jammies we read from Luke: 2 and then we have our reading of "Twas' the Night Before Christmas" and then we take our pictures to send to Gucci and then we scurry off to bed awaiting our visit from Santa.









Merry Christmas from the Talbot's!