Sunday, 21 October 2012

Glamis Castle and Military Tattoo




Glamis (pronounced glams, like clams) is the childhood home of the late Queen Mother. We came to this Castle because it is supposed to be one of the "most Haunted" Castle's in Scotland........as they all profess to be. It was here that John and I realised that we had left our camera in Alnwick. Yikes. Thankfully John was able to step outside and contact "The Black Swan" where they said they had the camera and would hold it for us. Bless the Black Swan! The Castle was great and the kiddo's seemed to really enjoy it. I know that this sounds terribly snobbish, but we have seen and been through so many Castle's now that unless it is really unique or has a very interesting history I am not too impressed. I know....... snobbish. 







Our nephew Hiwa at Glamis



I know you are probably thinking "And you wonder why this kid is wild?" Okay okay, with a kid this robust and sturdy it is hard not to have a good row with him. Liam LOVES to wrestle and play rough and he is infectiously addictive when you wrestle......thus the "horse play."





Having a sit down outside of the gift shop at Glamis.


We left Glamis and drove back to our flat where we were staying in Gullane. When we pulled up and got out of the car the nicest man came up and asked Ads if she wanted to golf on the children's golf course. Ads said she did so he went in his home and got her a club and ball and taught her how to swing the club. The people in Scotland were so warm and friendly, we thoroughly enjoyed everyone we met and interacted with. Ads played 6 holes of golf and then decided she was ready to head back home. Scotland was beautiful and we had perfect weather nearly the entire time we were there.




The boys came home and got ready and headed to Edinburgh for the Military Tattoo, the girls went to the beach. While we were at the beach we collect sea shells and saw jelly fish. Unfortunately none of us girls brought a camera tot he beach. Edinburgh is lively during the festival and you see a lot of funny things. This made me laugh.




 John and Hiwa and Aust heading to the Tattoo.



Hiwa, Papa, and Aust heading to the Tattoo.




This picture was from a couple days back, but I LOVED how it captured the dynamics of the group. I feel like all of our personalities are summed up here including the little Master.