Ah, Edinburgh. What a cool place.....especially during the festival. You sort of feel your inner rebel come out when you are in Edinburgh. We went and toured through the Castle grounds, which were a bit disappointing, probably due to the crowds and then we hurried off to do an under the bridge tunnel tour. I still have no idea what the tour was about and where we were, but the history of what they did in the tunnels was fascinating. The tour was supposed to be spooky, but it wasn't. The teens were disappointed and after 1.5 hours of being in musty dark tunnels we were all quite happy to have the ever so very odd tour finished.
Nana and Papa took Will to a park to play whilst the rest of us went on the tour. When the tour was finished we went and joined them at the park for a bit of a rest. Of course we made a lovely new friend at the park, that's what we do.....we chat with people and make new friends. The last time Nana was here she got chatty with one of the coaches at Ads gym and ended up getting invited to a coffee, which she declined, but the fact remains that we are a happy friendly bunch :)
Our nephews big sparkly heart LOVE "Magnums." Magnums are the ice cream bars that you can buy in the UK and only just came to the US. Everywhere we went a Magnum was purchased. I get such a kick out of teenagers, probably because I have a bit of the Peter Pan syndrome myself, but mostly because they do the funniest things and care little about what people think. A confident fun teen is a dime a dozen, so when you get to hang out with a couple of them it is a riot, and these two boys are AWESOME!
Liam gave Papa a go at the park. Papa and Liam have a long history playing wild. I know "long history," isn't Liam only 3? Why yes, but Papa has been teaching him to run and jump off of things since the little booger could walk and that was around 9 months. At 18 months Liam was climbing out of his crib. When I was born I had jaundice terribly bad and so they had to put me under the lights, which I refer to as the beginning of my performing career. Okay okay so I loved the lights which led to the stage, but that is not the point of this story, according to mom and she SWEARS that this is so, I was on my hands and knees head lifted when I was just a couple days old. Apparently I was like the strongest newborn any of my relatives had seen. I am guessing that as much as I would like to claim no part in William's behaviour I have to factor my genes into this deadly genetic cocktail of a child we created.
The boys took the kids and headed back to Gullane whilst the girls stayed at the Tattoo. The Military Tattoo is a really amazing performance of Bagpipes as well as other military marching bands and drill teams. I was in awe. I love going to theatres arts and dance concerts so tonights Tattoo was right up my alley. I would have to say that the Tattoo was one of my favourite parts of the trip. Thanks to Nana and Papa for getting us tickets to see this FABULOUS show.




