My friend Julie lives in a home that was built in the 15th Century.....*drool*. The house is beyond fabulous and as she took me from room to room I continued to gasp. The walls and ceilings are totally crooked, the black Tudor style thick wooden beams inside are picturesque, and the oldest part of the house the wine cellar is fantastically historic. In fact, it is believed that Henry VIII stayed at the home on his way to Hever Castle, which is not too far from our homes. I. Was. In. Heaven.
Julie is one of the most amazing women I have met and so kindly and enthusiastically toured me through her home. As we were wandering around I was drooling over her gorgeous old farm house style kitchen table. She loves it too. As we wandered on I commented on yet another fabulous old farm house style table! Julie told me that she was going to betting rid of it as she needed the space for a business that she is opening in her home and told me if I wanted it.....it was mine. YES!!!! Of course I wanted it, it is fabulous, and old.
I LOVE old furniture, I love refinishing furniture, and have made it a hobby since I was 17 years old. Give me an ugly piece of furniture and I will labour over the thing until it looks good. This old table, which I have no idea how old it is, is going to remain "as is" until I move home or decide what I want to restore it to. The table sits higher than ours and is longer. The chairs look totally off, but they will be fixed in time as well. I love my table and am so excited to have a piece of English history in my home. The table is not as old as Julie's home, but it is still an old table that has a unique history of it's own, and now it is mine. *glee*
