While the Pink One and I were heading to the hospital for her operation, this is what we saw at the London Waterloo East station.
Pretty fancy eh? The station was filled with people looking as posh as they possibly could. I couldn't let this go, I HAD to know what all of the hoopla was about. I asked the couple posed with the Pink One what on earth was going on? "Why it is the Royal Ascot!" said while looking down ones nose at me. The what? Never heard of it. But, the Queen was going to be there, so it must have been important. The Royal Ascot is a 300 year old super fancy and very posh horse race, the who's who of England can be spotted at this race. If you would like to read more about the Royal Ascot, or simply just admire the pictures click HERE.
I love that the Pink One wasn't afraid to go stand with random posh strangers and have her picture taken *snicker* Don't worry, the couple was thrilled to have the attention and weren't bothered at all to be photographed. In fact, they were so pleased with themselves that they hardly noticed anyone else in the station :) I do love that here in the UK they actually have top hats and fascinators on hand in their closets. I have always loved formal events and must say that I love that they still celebrate certain things here looking like Mr. Darcy ;) Maybe next year you will see me in my fascinator at the train station looking down my nose at the passers by.......just maybe.



No comments:
Post a Comment