Sunday, 12 June 2011

Disneyland Paris Day 1

Since Santa paid us an early visit, we got dressed and headed straight to the train....and then another train.....and then another train.....and then another train that took us right to Disneyland Paris. We were all excited to get into the park, see how it compares to the others, and ride some rides.



The entry to Disneyland Paris is beautiful, magical, and fabulous!


M-I-C-K-E-Y.......M-O-U-S-E!




Right as we entered the park the parade was in full swing. We weaselled our way to the front and watched as the floats passed on by. The Pink One was captivated by the Villains float, "creepy."



Fantasia Gargoyle.


The best looking of the Prince and Princess combo they had riding on the floats. Most of the Princes looked like they wouldn't touch the Princess with a 10 foot pole.


Happiest place on Earth.


Hubby and piggies in front of the "Haunted Manor." The ride is different than Disneyland CA in that it has this dead bride theme going on throughout. The Pink One was terrified, and it was the first and last time we were able to ride this ride.


Her favourite. I had a girl at the Pink One's swimming lesson ask me which kid was mine? I told her it was the one in the rainbow striped swim suit, the girl then said, "oh, the girl with the long hair." Rapunzel couldn't have come out at a better time for the Pink One.


I know that a lot of people have their own feelings about Pinocchio, but I have stated before that it is one of my favourite Disney films. I love the lessons and morals that are taught in Pinocchio, and there are a lot of different lessons to be learned from this classic Disney film.


The most magnificent of the Disney Castle's I have seen. In the basement of the castle Maleficent is there in her dragon form blowing smoke and snorting at you. It is pretty amazing.


For dinner we decided to use our meal vouchers at Buffalo Bill's Wild West dinner show. While dad waited in line, the Blue One found something that interested him.


I felt perfectly at home at dinner. The western accents were perfect, the cowboys looked authentic, and they had actual Native Americans in the show (unlike Twilight).


She looks good in a hat.


Snarly cowboy faces.


Snarly cowgirl faces.


The dinner was great. We had cornbread, chili, ribs, chicken, taters, cobbler, and diet coke. Yummo. It was a lot of fun having our "western" food at the show because you cannot get this kind of food in the UK :)


Unfortunately for Hubby, the horses and buffalo dander mixed with the dirt really did a number on his allergies. By the time the dinner show was over and we returned to the hotel room, Hubby could hardly breathe. It took a while to stabilise him. It reminded me of when we went horseback riding at the Dude Ranch and the poor fella had to sit in the car for sometime after with the air on so that he could breathe again. Yep, his allergies are THAT bad.


Sleeping Beauty's Castle



Day1 was great, and it was a lot of fun to be at a Disneyland. I can honestly say that you can't compete with the original. Disneyland CA is the most magical place I have ever been, Florida comes in 2nd, and Paris 3rd. Don't save your pennies to go to Disneyland Paris thinking it will be better than Disneyland CA, it isn't, not even close. Stick with the original. However, for Europeans who will never go to CA, Disneyland Paris is pretty awesome. One of the things that I love about America is how over the top most everything is, and Disney is fantastically over the top. The European way is much more simple, and minimal, and is reflected in the way that they do Disneyland. The kids didn't notice a difference, which was good, but our grown up Disneyland snobbery certainly did.



No comments: