To say that our house looks like a Hurricane Katrina home victim is an understatement. I don't think the A-bomb created as much of a mess as my house resembles at this moment. John and I have been trying to better organize our space to get ready for the babe. This means; cleaning, de-junking, creating space, and a zillion trips to the D.I. We have moved more furniture than should be legal in the U.S., and is probably illegal in Europe. However, through the course of our "organizing" I came across our pictures of our journey round 1 of becoming parents. I was training for the S.L.C. Marathon when I got sick and hurt my foot only to find out, that due to an allergic reaction to a Mango, a little lovin', and loads of cold medicine, I had become prego.
Here I am 6weeks along with Adessa

When I found out that I was prego, I was shocked and surprised.
I told John with an Easter basket filled with baby stuff.

We decided that our condo was not conducive to a family
and so we packed up, sold the place, and moved out about 2 weeks
before Addie came.
The condo is for sale, I am 6 months along, and am selling it
By owner. The condo sold after 1 month of me showing
it and I spent my last days before school started
cleaning, scrubbing, and hauling boxes.

Ta Da! I managed to do it; sell the condo, move into a storage unit, live with my parents, lose 2houses, start school, and swell up like Jabba the Hut's wife. I wish that it was only my feet that looked like this, but with pre-eclampsia it is all of you.

It is hard to believe that I am currently 1 week away from 32 weeks when I had Adessa. It is all so very surreal and weird. I can't believe how good I feel about this pregnancy and the gratitude I feel for the blessings we received with Adessa being so early and so small. But you know what they say, "Great things come in small packages." This was always one of John's favorite pictures with her in the NICU.

So you would think that I would chill out after what happened last time and not be so insistent about the cleaning, hauling, de-junking, but those who have been prego before know that you have to feel prepared. Last time we ended up not being prepared so I am determined that we shall work like oompa loompa's until this house scintillates! Will's room is nearly finished and the rest of the house is coming along. I think I have about 4 weeks of steady hard work to get where I need to be to feel ready. Deep breaths and lots of Tylenol. Pictures of Will's room yet to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment