Every Easter John and I have Grandma Great over for Easter dinner. Grandma comes with us to church and then we feast. This year we have the later church meeting so she wasn't present for the Easter basket opening and the search for the eggs. However, Adessa had just as much fun. The Easter bunny hid the eggs Addie and John had dyed the night before all through the front yard. Addie found her Easter basket, we had sticky buns for breakfast, and then guzzied up for Easter services. After our meetings which were wonderful as always, we came home and had a yummy dinner. We deviated from the customary Easter ham and John grilled bacon wrapped shrimp and steaks. We bagged the funeral potatoes and went for au gratin, we had yummy salad, homemade rolls, and a carrot cake that I made from scratch (shock, horror). We had a nice time as a family with Grandma Great, my dad, and Sheldon and were able to have some religious discussion (which does not happen often in my family). I love Easter! I love the spring time, it is a time to start afresh and better yourself. As everything in the world awakens, I find myself awakening also as to how to be a better person. Working on it!
Obviously her mothers child. Already interested in the fancy shoes. The basket was almost too heavy for her to hold.


She is my nature child.
Sneaking up on the eggs. Sometimes I look at this child and seriously wonder just how John and I could have created such a beautiful being. I know I sound like such a mom, which I am, but honestly she is gorgeous.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment