Wednesday, 2 July 2008

Without Incident

I was prepared for the worst. Weeping, wailing, sulking in the tent, falling in the campfire, getting stung by a random flying serpent, homesickness, cliques, practical jokes, runaways, and the typical TMI of teenagers. I am pleased to announce that girls camp this year was "Without Incident." I know some of you just gasped and audibly for that matter. How could this be? A GIRLS camp without drama? I too am staggering a little over that one, but must say, being the camp director, it was great for me! I have to admit that it wasn't only without incident, but it was also a lot of fun. The girls were amazing, interested, and inclusive of each other. The leaders were helpful, spiritual, and oh so much fun. We laughed, we cried, we ate (I made the worlds largest tin foil dinner), we crafted, we pelted each other with marshmallows, we sang horribly out of tune and loud enough to offend the ears of other campers, we had devotionals, S'mores, and we even learned a little something new about each other (Sarah is shy). All in all, it was a roaring success. I am so grateful that I was able to work with all of the leaders who were FABULOUS, and was also able to get to know the AMAZING young women in our ward. Whew, it is over. I am now happy to be resting my vertebrae on my own soft bed instead of the Ghetto mattress that John told me would be more than enough comfort for my body. Wrong!, and I have the bruises to prove it. Next year I will get one of those E-ginormous foam pads, no matter how annoying John says they are.

No comments: