As part of the "Maren is in town" celebration, a few friends and I dragged our spouses and children to liberty Park for a picnic. With kids and food in tow we headed out for an evening filled with laughter and wet children. The rivers of refuse are super fun and also super contaminated. All potential childhood disease aside (from contaminated waters), if the kids are happy aren't we all? I was. The kids ran around like wild banshees, the adults ate, laughed, and of course I made us do a shape. What would an outing be without a great shape picture? It is so funny to look back at these friends of mine and recall how long I have known them. Beth, Shanna, Maren, Erica, Bonnie, and Krista have been friends since elementary. Ben and I were in the same pre-school class. Beth and I spent hours prank calling Justin in Jr. High (I used to think he looked just like Kevin Costner). Matt, Dave, and Jake have become my friends as my friends chose to marry great men. Ultimately, I have been so blessed to have good friends old and new, good laughs, and good times. I have to confess, the highlight of my evening was watching some random stranger in a white outfit begin to perform some sort of Tai Chi, the kids were captivated and tried to impersonate. I have included the clip of our shape, and the performance of the man in white (this technically deserves and entire blogging of its own, for the sake of time I'm just throwing it in with the others).Friday, 11 July 2008
Sweet Park of Liberty
As part of the "Maren is in town" celebration, a few friends and I dragged our spouses and children to liberty Park for a picnic. With kids and food in tow we headed out for an evening filled with laughter and wet children. The rivers of refuse are super fun and also super contaminated. All potential childhood disease aside (from contaminated waters), if the kids are happy aren't we all? I was. The kids ran around like wild banshees, the adults ate, laughed, and of course I made us do a shape. What would an outing be without a great shape picture? It is so funny to look back at these friends of mine and recall how long I have known them. Beth, Shanna, Maren, Erica, Bonnie, and Krista have been friends since elementary. Ben and I were in the same pre-school class. Beth and I spent hours prank calling Justin in Jr. High (I used to think he looked just like Kevin Costner). Matt, Dave, and Jake have become my friends as my friends chose to marry great men. Ultimately, I have been so blessed to have good friends old and new, good laughs, and good times. I have to confess, the highlight of my evening was watching some random stranger in a white outfit begin to perform some sort of Tai Chi, the kids were captivated and tried to impersonate. I have included the clip of our shape, and the performance of the man in white (this technically deserves and entire blogging of its own, for the sake of time I'm just throwing it in with the others).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment