Maren's in town, let the party begin!

I recently read a book called the "Thirteenth Tale." I loved the book. The story is about twins and twinness. It talks about the emptiness a twin feels when it's other half is gone, rather like a piece of them is physically missing. This is how I felt when I got married. Maren has been my other piece since the 2nd grade. My partner in crime was there through elementary, Junior High, High school, and was my roommate for 3yrs. in college (until I got married). We had wedding announcements sent to us addressed to "Ashley and Maren." We sent off missionaries, shared classes, supported each other through the most difficult situations. I will never forget the look on her face when she came to see me after I had Adessa, she was terrified. She has always been my moral compass, sarcastic equal, and creative seamstress extraordinaire. We can simply see something, look at each other, and "know." The silent "know", when you don't have to say anything at all, because to speak would be pointless. We can laugh at moving water, sand, and carnies. She knows my soul inside and out. When John can't figure me out I tell him, "call Maren, she'll help you." Maren lives in Texas now to a great man who is going to be a lawyer here pretty soon. Despite the fact that I can still feel the pang of my missing piece every now and then, distance, time, and circumstance, cannot change the true bond of friendship which we share. I pray each day that my Adessa will be lucky enough to have a Maren in her life. Thanks Mrn.
No comments:
Post a Comment