Wednesday, 9 July 2008

What's In a Name

Eight years ago I added Talbot to my name. My official name is now Ashley Dawn Pearson Talbot (I wanted to add the 3rd just for kicks, but didn't), credit card companies hate me. I just couldn't drop the Pearson. I felt like when I got married I simply added a Talbot to who I already was. John is certainly a superb addition, I sincerely believe that there is only one Jack for this Jill. After 8 years of marriage, 4 years of dating, I can still stand to look at the man when I get up in the morning. I won't gross you out with all of the mushy gushy crap, but I will say I have never enjoyed a challenge more than I have enjoyed being married. For the occasion we went to dinner at Biaggi's, we saw "Get Smart", and then ate an entire box of chocolate chip cookies from "Ben's Cookies." He sent me flowers and I bought him a card. Exciting! I did have to photograph the creepiest looking faces on some poster being advertised at the gateway. You'll see them. Pretty scary! We laughed pretty hard after I bailed John out from listening to some lady try to get him to attend a lecture for a free vacation. He was super relieved when I told the middle aged woman we weren't interested, translation: I would rather wallow in a sea of animal vomit than listen to your schpill. The poor man is way too nice. That's why I love him!

No comments: