Wednesday, 9 July 2008

Every Heart Beats True

I am patriotic. I cannot control the tears that roll down my cheeks as I watch a parade (the marching bands get me every time). I love fireworks, American history, parades, our Flag, and the sacrifice that so many people have made to bring us our freedom. That being said, we partied like it was 1999 on the 4th. We celebrated our independence like we weren't going to have it any more. We started off with the usual BBQ at my parent's on the 3rd followed by the Eaglewood fireworks, and ended on the 4th with the Centerville parade, Wall-E, and our own private firework show at home (in the front yard, with explosives). I am not sure if it gets any better than that. My sister laughed when I told her we had a nice relaxing holiday (my idea of relaxing is so twisted), but seriously, by Ashley standards it was super chill. I am so incredibly blessed to live in the USA and am always reminded of that when the 4th rolls around. There is just nothing like traveling out of the country to remind you just how blessed we are. The video clips are of the kiddo's dancing and me whooping Do Do in a handstand contest.

No comments: