Yesterday my eyes were opened to what is really going on at school. After picking the pink One up, asking the typical questions, receiving the typical answers, we turned and headed down the walkway for home. All of a sudden and out of the blue a boy at least 1-2 grades older than her yells her name, comes running up to her with a big old smile on his face, she blushes and gives him a big fat illegal in our home HUG! His mom who is walking behind smiles and says "oh, Bless!" I on the other hand blush 8 shades of red and feel like I am going to pass out right there on the spot. The Pink One then says her fond farewells and starts to walk along. I'm too shocked to speak and am still feeling a bit flushed and faint. But fear not, another lad 1-2 years older sees her coming and starts to race her. She is laughing with him as he smiles at her and the pair of them race the whole rest of the way home until she yells out her goodbyes and he smiles and waves away. *gasp* Catch me someone because I am going down. I have never EVER been so shocked. My child who doesn't remember any names is fraternising. Nooooooo! The boys are totally into her. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.
When I finally regained my composure we readdressed the issue of no kissing until you are in College and no getting married until you are 25 and have graduated from College. She smiled and acted like she was listening and would obey, but this little coquette is going to be a thorn in my side from now until she is safely married at 25. I am buying a baseball bat and a set of stick on tattoo's to scare away all the boys who come calling at our house. In the meantime, prayers, loads of prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment