Saturday, 26 February 2011

Love Never Dies

Timing could not have been more perfect for the grandma's to come and visit since week 2 included the Pink One being on her half term break. However, being on half term break meant that the grandma's would have to visit some of the Pink One's favourite places, thus the Natural History Museum and Dinosaur exhibit.





Since the "Victoria and Albert Museum" (and please don't say it in the wrong order ie "Albert and Victoria" to a local.....bad, very bad) is right across from the Natural History Museum we added it to our day. Victoria and Albert has some beautiful exhibits and a day could quickly vanish within its walls, but Great is 80 and can only walk for so long. We did make it to the jewelry, theatre costumes, silver, stained glass, and sculptures. The Pink One was fascinated as she wandered around noticing which statues were boys.....and which were girls. Highlight of the day was when she wandered ahead of us in the great hall to a sculpture and pointing at his penis with one had and cupping the side of her mouth with the other she softly hollered "PEE-NISSS." I will never be able to get that sight of her out of my mind or the sight of the grandma's laughing hard, really hard. Truth be told, we are lucky Great didn't have a heart attack right there on the spot :)

John met us at the Victoria and Albert and picked up the piggies so that we could go to Andrew Lloyd Webber's new musical and sequel to Phantom called "Love Never Dies." When we were deciding what shows we wanted to see, we decided on "Love Never Dies" because you can only see it in London. The music was beautiful and the Phantom and Christine had the most pure voices I have EVER heard. Beautiful. The story, hmmm...... a bit forced and the ending bad, very bad, but all in all we enjoyed the show.

I don't typically wear jeans to the theatre, but I also don't wear William on my back in fancy boots and dress pants. I had to compromise my theatre dress standards. Informal dress and all, I loved seeing something new, and relished in the beauty of the music.

No comments: